Friday, August 22, 2008

Of Drugs and Drugs and Drugs and Drugs

I came back from my surgery a little while ago.
I'm still a little woozy and I'm bleeding a little (by little I mean a LOT), but I don't feel much pain, probably because the nurses hooked be up with plenty a drugs before I left, so I'm feeling as high as a kite right about now- lol

It's a little like how I felt after my wisdom teeth got removed - I woke up and felt so good, but I was super disoriented. I almost knocked myself out again as I was heading outside through a very solid wall.

As I'm sure your curious, I tell you a little bit about what I had done (no, not breast implants, I'm quite happy with my...girls - lol)

It was a couple of things, first septoplasty to correct my deviated septum then tribunate surgery to remove a bone blocking my sinuses, and lastly removal of various polyps and air pockets obstructing my passages

It took about twenty minutes

Sounds like a lot more, right? lol

Pre-op, I was being a big baby and wouldn't let them stick the IV in, so they kindly knocked my out first and did their thing

I heard I even got a shot of cocaine (I did not know they could do that)

I remember a little bit about inhaling the anesthesia. It was so odd, I felt awake, yet asleep at the same time. I don't think I was under long enough to get that odd of body feeling, but I remember feeling a little panicked that I couldn't move my arms and legs anymore.

No worries, though, I woke up a second later, or at least it felt like I did

My throat was soooo sore, apparently a side affect of the anesthesia and intubation (this device they stick done your throat to keep you breathing through your mouth)

And I was still really confused when I woke up, not too mention increadibly high . I kept telling all the nurses how great and wonderful they were, and I was like, "You guys are the best, the nicest and the best guys every - woosh, slidy doors..."

Then my mom took me home and took care of me <3
She even put some lip gloss on me because my lips were so dry from medication (I feel so pretty - lol)
You know, she didn't do any of her doctor work because she wanted to make sure I was okay?
I"m gonna take such good care of her when she's old <333

So now, here I am, thoroughly painless, and a tad bit sober on my bed at home :)

My bro just bought me soup, he's being so nice today :)

I'll ttyl with more recovery tidbits, but I'm pretty okay, other than the fact I have to pee every two seconds

-peace :)
wooooooooosh

No comments: