Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Of Fun Times and Boredom

boo.

i had a very full day today :)
full day, but not all was well

First thing this morning, I had to spend about an hour or two fixing up my mother's financial mess, then I was off to the church

The muslim youth in my community decided to start a newspaper and, I genius that I am, volunteered to be in charge of it, but I really have so much to do this summer, so I don't know how I'm going to manage everything

Anyways, I had to go the church because of this Interfaith section in our newspaper. I wanted the priest there to write a little article about Fasting in their religion since we're publishing in the middle of Ramadan

So I went up the secretary and asked her if i could make an appointment and she gives me this cringe. And then this lady minister steps in and the secretary introduces me as "This is Sana, she's not Christain...*cringe*"
How rude is that, right?
It was like association with me would disease her brain cells

The minister was really nice though, although she told me she wouldn't be able to write the piece herself, she did offer to answer my questions, so I wrote some stuff down but I think what I'm gonna do is have someone from the Christain and Jewish youth groups write the article instead, so I basically just wasted her time.
oh well.

After that, I had to go to the Haldmen Ford because my mom's car broke - yet again.

Seriously, take better care of your car, woman.
She took my car instead...:(

But when I can say? She bought it for me ^^

But the Haldmen and Ford people too for-ev-er to take the car. They spent an hour just looking for our freakin' paper work (get it together, man)

Then they made us stay longer to argue with us about whether or not it was their fault that the mirror shaft was broken, and it really didn't make a difference because our insurance wouldn't cover it anyways

I hate people who waste my time with their stupidity
Seriously, just shut up and fix it

I had plans today to go to Barnes and Nobles too, so I really didn't want to stand around in the heat with fat old men

After that, I had lunch with my parents (also very time-consuming) and finally left for B&N

I finished about a twelfth of the work I planned to do, so...I'd consider it a pretty productive day- lol

I was distracted by my study group ^^

So I got back 'round 9, and now I'm waiting for Hillary Clinton to make her speech

Michelle Obama was amazing yesterday, btw
Maybe it's a girl thing, but I teared a little
personally, I like her a lot more then Clinton (although, I didn't like her much to begin with)
Obama seems a lot more genuine to me

...
Dude, I really need a to-do list

AP Bio
Carbon and Nitrogen Cycle
22-26 Glossary
P-bro Perserve Write-up

AP Lit
Summer Reading Book 2

AP Euro
Online Summary
Summer Reading Essay
DBQ

Journalism
Arts & Review article (Outlandish)
News Article (Indo-festival?)
Articles Ideas (4 per section)
Column/Oped Analysis

Muslim Youth Newsletter
Mission Statement Letter
Muslim Op/ed
Outlandish Review
Ramadan Feature
Call everyone tomorrow to get updates
Make sure we have Interfaith Coloumnists
Talk to publishing company
Update article list/contact list
Figure out how to raise money

No comments: